Halloween Monster Eye Cookies
There's nothing more ghoulish than these Halloween monster eye cookies! We had a great time mixing up a batch, and we know you will too.
These are no harder to bake than a simple batch of chocolate chip cookies, and way more festive!
Cookies featured with our Halloween cocktail napkins (see photos below for links)!
I'll Put a Spell On You Cocktail Napkins
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed firmly)
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
Candy eyeballs (we bought these)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
3. Cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, to wet mixture. Make sure to incorporate eggs well after each addition.
5. Working in batches, add dry mixture to wet mixture. Incorporate a little bit at a time, making sure to stir until just incorporated (do not over mix).
6. Once dough is formed, remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips with a large spoon.
7. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough on to an ungreased baking sheet, spaced 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-11 minutes until golden brown.
8. Once out of the oven, immediately press candy eyeballs into top of cookies. Enjoy!